Most major universities that have IT programs
generally do offer Ph.D.s. Mine does, and for that
matter, would probably offer you a Ph.D. in just about
any program they run if you were willing to pay for
it.

I serious considered getting my Ph.D. until I realized
that I would be paying back student loans well into my
retirement, and would never offset the costs in salary
in the few years I have left before I retire.

Funny story:  My youngest son, who was about 13 at the
time I was giving this serious consideration, said,
"If you get your Ph.D., will we have to call you
Doctor?"

"You're damned right you will!  After I invest that
kind of time and effort into something I'll insist on
it!"

Heh.

Dan (not a doctor and probably never will be)

and lay it on us. http://surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7