From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of E M
Sent: Sunday, August 19, 2007 10:57 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Anti sieze on aluminum wheels

I've read about 85 f/lbs dry.  When I had to put a 3 foot length of pipe on
the wrench to get enough torque on it to remove them, I couldn't believe,
even with an air gun, some idiot could get them on that tight!  While
cheaning the inside of the rim, once off, it gave me a chance to see just
what a great piece of engineer that wheel is.  It looks pretty plain on the
outside, but a lot of thougth went into that wheel.  I think they spent more
money engineering the clip ring for the benz star in the centre, than most
companies spend in R & D for the whole front corner suspension. :-)

Ed
300E