Is anybody on here using SeaFoam gas additive?
http://www.seafoamsales.com/motorTuneUpTechGas.htm
My chainsaw was playing up bad, when I'd get it good and warm, say after 2-3
cuts in 12"+ wood unless I kept my finger on the throttle it'd quit. Eventually
it'd quit no matter what. Once it'd quit it would not restart. If I put the
choke on it'd pop but that was it.
I put a bit of the Seafoam in the gas and as I was concerned about having
enough lubrication I put in an equal measure of marvelous oil, about a teaspoon
of each lets say.
The first run was pretty good until the chain went dull on me. It did quit
though when I let the throttle off.
It took me awhile to find a file and carefully sharpen. Since this is the first
time on a new chain I wanted to be real careful and do a good job. [and I did
too.] So the saw was cool (pretty much anyway) by the time I tried it again. It
fired right up and ran just fine until I was too tired and nervous of hurting
my back again to keep going.

Anyway I've got a couple other miracle stories about the stuff but I thought
that one was pretty cool. Wouldn't work on a machine that wouldn't start I
don't think but in this case it sure saved the day...

-Curt