I discovered the local providers for AAA emergency roadside service DO NOT
LIKE DIESELS! Flatly was told on the phone, "We can provide gasoline but do
not deliver diesel." They're also hesitant to answer a call in jumping a
diesel.

I can kinda understand as I remember those early 80s 5.7 GM "diesels" kept
them busy with service calls.