i'm still friends with one of my teachers from high school.  he is still
teaching.  he says it's a whole different day today where he really has to
watch everything he says and does as the kids go home and tell their parents
everything and the parents then come in and terrorize the administrators.
in our day, you were really expected to settle your own affairs.  if you had
an issue with a teacher, you dealt with it yourself as the teacher did if he
had an issue with you.

today, children are unable to settle their own affairs on any level.  they
just complain all day screaming for constant adult intervention.  what is
this about?  some kind of feminization of society perhaps?