I'm lucky to work for a principal who is very "hands
off" unless you need her.  She's also someone who you
know will back you up, no matter what, as long as you
arrived at the decision you made in a logical manner.

There are too many administrators, who, faced with an
angry parent, will cave in to avoid a confrontation or
to have a conflict escalated to a higher authority.
Parents know this, so if they take someone on they
know to expect to get their way in many cases.  This
leaves you, the teacher in question, looking like an
ass, not to mention swinging in the wind in a
figurative sense.  Your authority is now compromised,
meaning you have lost control of your classroom.

It's a sad thing, and even more so, it's sad because
it's not the kids, it the parents.

Dan

--- Fmiser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> That's a good summary of much of the public school
> system.
>
> And so if the rules have no teeth, it's anarchy.
>
> --               Philip

Be a better friend, newshound, and