There is a vote with wallet process going on in Seattle.  The public
enrollment has dropped to 49k from a high of 96k.  Where are the
kids?  Private schools.  For each missing kid, the district is not
getting its $5500 per student.  It does cost the parents at least
that much for tuition.  Where is the money better spent?  I am
thinking private education.  Are private school parents complete
jerks.  Sometimes, but  they are involved since it is their cash on
the line.

clay