Gary; you are right.
This kind of thing happened to me some 20 years ago.
Alfa Romeo Giulia sprint GT Veloce (what a machine).
Rebuilt the motor, but I could not get the damned thing to run right. Took
it to Forristalls. Drove it there.
They insisted it need s a rebuild. 2 weeks later I had to pay their labor
and expenses, some $ 2500 (in 1986, mind you) and had to get a tow truck to
get it home. They broke the front cover by standing on the alternator.
After I replaced the front engine cover a buddy of mine made a small
adyustmet to the IP rack and the thing took off like a rocket.
I sued. The Court notified me that the Constable could not serve the papers.
"No body here with this name".
I think it's time to load the M16

On 1/22/08, Gary Hurst <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> we all know, hans, that you are being robbed.  you have been the victim of
> con and will probably need legal help to thwart their attempts to
> successfully extort from you.
>
> On Jan 22, 2008 9:47 PM, Hans Neureiter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > One of the items that alarmed me.
> > I asked for the used parts last Thursday: "but they are no longer
> > accessible. Discarded. Should have asked me earlier".
> > Texas law requires the shop to have the parts available on demand.
> > Time for a lawyer and a rental car.

> > > I'd sure want to see proof of the MBZ total rebuild kit that was
> > delivered
> > > to them while they had Han's car. I'd also like to see the totally
> > toasted
> > > bands/clutch disks that came out of the car. The latter would be his
> > right
> > > in Michigan, but I think TX is a bit less strict.
> > >
> > > The moral of the story is take it to another shop for a 2nd opinion
> any
> > > time somebody wants to rebuild your tranny. Corrolary to that theorem
> is
> > > that there a lot more people who think they can build a Benz engine or
> > > tranny than there are people who can actually get it right. Seems like
> > > if they did the bench work right they wouldn't be messing with the
> > > valve body after they put it in the car.
> > >
> > > In this case, the tranny apparently worked until a control cable fell
> > off.
> > > 99% chance it would have worked as well as before once the cable was
> > > fixed.
> > >
> > > Mitch.

> > --
> > Hans Neureiter, Houston, TX