Every oil has a blend of additives to help it do the job it is designed
to do.
The jack was unsafe before you added the oil because you had to add oil.
If there is a leaking seal on an jack there is a possibility that the
seal will let go entirely and that ain't good.
Usual safety warning, do not get under a vehicle that is only supported
by hydraulic oil and rubber seals.
I have seen pros get under cars supported by a trolley jack but I guess
they know what they are doing.

Hendrik