Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 19:17:16 -0800 (PST)
From: LWB250 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT, computers again
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

IT jobs are not as prevalent as some would have you
believe.  It also goes without saying that just
because you have an IT background/certs/experience
you'll have no problem finding a job.

The school I am at has a 4th grade teaching position
that just opened up.  I happened to empty the fax
machine in the front office the other day, and there
was a resume for the job in it.  The guy had a B.A. in
IT from the University of Tampa (good private $chool)
and MS and Cisco certifications.  He was doing PC
repair for some backroom outfit in Tampa.

WTH would someone with credentials like this be doing
looking for a teaching job that's not guaranteed
(anything after January 1st is not under contract) and
only pays $37k/year?

Dan