Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 20:13:58 -0600
From: "Wonko the Sane" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT, computers again
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

If current XP is stable then things are worse than I thought.

Our corporation doesn't have an IT guy, so I get tapped for that role
 almost
every day at work because everyone knows I used to work as an IT guy.
 The
Director I work for has made a policy -- I am IT support for her
 computer
and for the computers of my two peers. Everyone else can sort of chill
 and
hope for the best.

They are going to make an IT position next summer -- and I want nothing
do with it unless it means a $10K/$15K salary increase.

Not my job, man!

In fairness to XP, the issue might be our server (maintenance
 contracted
out) that is also Windows.

I've already told them that if they offer me the job, WinDoze is going
 away
and we will have a Linux-everywhere corporation. The CEO sort of likes
 the
"FREE" part of it. (I talk to him on a daily basis about this sort of
thing.)

--
LT Don
http://don.homelinux.net/~don/