True, and a great argument for a well managed network.

Thanks, Tom
256-656-1924

-----Original Message-----
From: "Hendrik & Fay" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: 1/27/08 10:15 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT, computers again

The problem with XP and other windows products is all the programs that
people install onto it, this loads it up, slows it down and eventually
it crashes.
A properly set up XP should be reliable as long as it is not stressed
with a 1000 little programs all competing for memory and processor
power.

Hendrik

LWB250 wrote:
> I would agree with Tom.  We have nearly 100,000 nodes
> now, about 90% of which are running XP, and we have
> almost no problems.  We're running an enterprise
> version of SAV and everything is locked down courtesy
> of Active Directory and group policies applied both
> globally and to individual OUs.
>
> I am one of the team leaders for the AD rollout, and
> it has taken us nearly three years to get everything
> locked down.  As we do the final batch over the next
> month or two I expect any problems to pretty much
> disappear.
>
> Dan

1/26/2008 3:45 PM