I changed a transmission on a 2001 Jetta TDI. It was the job from
hell. I much prefer working on Mercedes. You need a computer just to
check the transmission fluid level.
The VW's are very light and tinny in my opinion. Although with 6 air
bags they might have a safety advantage depending on the
circumstances.

-Dave Walton