Hi Alex,

I've had both a 2000 Jetta TDI and a 2004 Golf TDI . Much preferred the
Golf. Bought it new in the east (cheaper there) and drove it across the
country. In 2004 they got a bump in horsepower. That engine has about
the same amount of torque as the VR6.

My wife drove it 200 km a day five days a week and found it to be far
more comfortable than either of my 300SDs. Plus with the five speed, you
could out accelerate most vehicles away from the stop light. She still
misses it.

Martin
Two 300SDs
Missing the TDIs more and more as I write about this