On Feb 13, 2008 3:05 PM, carbucks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've had both a 2000 Jetta TDI and a 2004 Golf TDI . Much preferred the
> Golf. Bought it new in the east (cheaper there) and drove it across the
> country. In 2004 they got a bump in horsepower. That engine has about
> the same amount of torque as the VR6.
>
> My wife drove it 200 km a day five days a week and found it to be far
> more comfortable than either of my 300SDs.

Well, I suppose comfort is a matter of taste... but I've found
Mercedes seats to be more comfortable than any other car's by far,
when in good shape (springs not sprung and padding not compressed).
The problem is that you have to maintain them, like the rest of the
car, and most people don't.  VW-type seats, on the other hand (foam
over a stiff metal bucket) are comfortable until the foam collapses,
and then feel like a church pew---at which point they are basically
not fixable unless the entire seat is rebuilt from scratch by a
competent upholsterer.

Alex Chamberlain
'87 300D Turbo et al.