Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 16:02:08 -0600
From: "R A Bennell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT: The eco debate
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

Sorry, but I am just not sold on the CF bulbs. I have tried to be. I
 have bought and installed some but they just
don't seem to fit well in the lamps that I have used them in. We have
 one in a table lamp on a dresser in our
bedroom that works OK.  I tried using them in the basement ceiling and
 that didn't work out. The basement is
unfinished work area and the bulbs do not produce enough light and do
 not last long. I am uncertain as to why but
they don't. I tried to put one in a torchier floor lamp but the
 tri-light style bulb is too tall and sticks above
the glass. I don't like looking at it so I have gone back to a shorter
 bulb. It is a CF but I no longer have
tri-light capability because the smaller bulb is only one wattage.
 Works but not like the lamp was intended as I
have to turn the switch a couple of times to get it on and off.

I am finding that I need a whole lot more light as I get older. When we
 moved into our house in 1981 my wife and I
swapped bulbs until everything was 40W and it was fine. Over the years
 we have moved up to 60W and then 100W and
then on to halogen 150W and ceiling fixtures with more bulbs and it
 still seems dark to me sometimes.

Getting old is a pain in the you know what.

Randy