Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 16:06:42 -0600
From: Donald Snook <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [MBZ]  OT: The eco debate
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

Curt wrote:

"So if we do nothing we die. If we change our evil ways we have a 50%
 chance of dying. Your choice is certain death or a 50% chance of death."

There is a flaw in your logic.  The flaw is based on your assumption
 that global warming is a) getting worse b) actually going to cause us
 harm.

Your argument is basically if we do something, we can reduce the risk
 that it is going to kill us.  BUT, you have completely left out another
 possibility. Global warming (regardless of its cause) may not cause any
 harm. What we do not know is whether the 1 degree increase in
 temperature that we have experienced over the last 100 years is going to have
 any affect on us or the planet.

Donald H. Snook