[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> A good friend chipped up his PowerStroke (7.3L) to add about 150hp.
>
> At about 50Kmi, while going to get groceries, his wife put a rod threw the
> pan.

There was one brand of chip that went way too far on timing advance and
did that, much sooner if you combined the chip with propane. There
was a legendary thread on forddiesel.com (now thedieselstop.com) where
some kid got a new truck, that chip, propane, and was bragging about
doing idiot driving stunts with it. Within a month, the "my totally
stock brand new truck threw a rod and the dealer's blaming me" thread
came up with him as the original poster.
Mitch.