Rolf wrote:
> You had a Humvee under the hood? My understanding is that the server
> unit was a spinning motor with an magnetic clutch?

It was a project for work... The clutch engages/disengages the motor,
and it is a standard brushed DC motor.  Basically, you engage the
clutch, and run the motor till you get to where you want.  You would
need a full H-Bridge circuit to drive the motor so you can go
forward/reverse.  If the clutch is disengaged the arm returns to "zero".
  There is some pretty hefty gearing for the motor. With the standard
length arm, I could not get the arm to move by hand (this was with our
controller actively maintaining position).  There is a POT for feedback
of where the arm is.

You can get the pinouts and a basic schematic for the controller by
looking in the MB FSM.

John