From: "John Robbins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: 3/14/08 10:10 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Performance Diesel Mercedes

Tom Hargrave wrote:
> It's easy to make massive HP for a 1/4 mile. It's a little more
difficult to
> make massive HP for an hour run.

That 400HP car is a daily driver.  Typically, there aren't many places
in a daily commute that you can use 400HP ;)

Maintaining speed on the highway uses the same amount of HP regardless,
and if you keep your EGTs under 1200F there does not appear to be any
additional wear on the engine.  The 3/4 and 1 ton trucks have done this
for over a decade... and they TOW with the increased HP.

John

Checked by AVG.
3/13/2008 11:31 AM