Unlike your neighborhood, we have real crime here.  Also,  I don't have to
<<get the weapon out of it's storage, find the ammo and load it,>> as it is
always ready to go.  Our youngest kids are in their 30s and they lives all
their lives around guns and obeyed the rules.  When the g-kids come around
the guns are put out of reach.  But if someone were to break in I'd have a
loaded, cocked gun in a few seconds.

Also, in the reports where a citizen fights back the bad guys usually run
when they know the target is armed.  Just look at the recent Va Tech
shooting - 32 people killed as the gunman waked the halls and shot people as
the cowered under desks - their only defense since the college dictated no
firearms on campus.  Naturally those laws/rules didn;t stop the gunman.  One
of the victims was a deathcamp survivor - he blocked the door as some
students escaped before the gunman broek in and killed him and the remaining
students in the room.  If that prof had been armed he could have stopped the
killing right there -

There are case after case where a citizen with a gun must fight back against
a bad guy.   As often as not, an unarmed victim will be killed by the
badguy - they are not very merciful - while the armed victim escapes to live
another day.

http://www.nraila.org/ArmedCitizen/  tells some of the stories.  The
lamestream media will not report these stories - if they do they leave out
the part about the citizens being armed and fighting back.

Larry T (66 MGB, 74 911, 91 300D)
PORSCHE POSTERS!  youroil.net
800-583-8601