When ppl in North America bought Porsche 928s, they had the option of auto
of stick.  Something like 90% opted for auto (which were Benz based).  You
can see how the Germans drew their conclusions about us. :-)  The fact that
the latest porsche GT2 has a more of less gutted interior and over 500 hp,
and yet, retains cup holds is just the Germans pointing a finger at us and
laughing I think. hee hee. ;-)  I bet most of those cup holders will get
used too.

Ed
300E