I looked at a couple of Samsungs at Dead Sam's today
while I was passing through.  One of them (I think it
was a 40") said it had 5000:1, but other than that I
didn't noticed any of the other specs.

I didn't realize that LCDs had gotten up to those
sorts of ratios - I thought that was one of the things
that plasma screens had over LCDs.

I don't think I'm going to make the leap until after
we move - I need the $$ and it's one less thing to get
screwed up in the move, too.

These are all good things to know - thanks!

Dan

--- Rolf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The newer screens have dynamic contrast, its just a
> hack but is quite
> noticeable. LCD's are alot more competitive with
> plasma these days. I
> would say plasma will be all by phased out sooner
> than later due to
> production costs vs that of LCD. Still no true black
> for LCD but pretty
> darn close. Samsung also makes panels for other
> manufacturers, I saw a
> Zenith? or some other US brand with a samsung screen
> for 200 less than
> that of the same sized samsung. Just make sure its
> an 8bit panel.
>
> -Rolf

Access, No Cost.