> Not a terrible job, the tool from Harbor Freight will work if you
> make and adapter to push the old one out.

Tell me more!  I've got a 201 that needs a new joint.
I have a new Lemforder part too, but no tools.  I wasn't
interested in the solid-gold MB tool and was going to
take it to a shop, but HF prices are more my speed.  I
just didn't think it would work at all.  What kind of
adapter?  What's it look like?  Do I need the optional
adapter kit they sell for theirs?

> Internal type, which is a copy of the Klann but mucho cheapero...
> The aftermarket manual I have for the 201 chassis shows them using an
> external set of spring compressors, guess that would work if they are
> heavy duty enough but the way I figure it, by the time I have done the

The 201 had a strut, the shock is inside the spring.
You must use an external type on it.  I actually
have the real-deal Klann internal one, but I've never
had to use it yet.  I'm surprised, or else lucky so far.
I got in on the list group purchase.

-- Jim