Wilton Strickland wrote:

> If the oil sucker pump pulls too much vacuum, reduce it with an additional
> opening in the vac hose - not the oil evac tube - the vac hose from pump/vac
> to the oil receiver tank.

I've decided to build mine with a scrap of standard 1/2" ID x 5/8" OD copper
house plumbing pipe, and use 5/8" hose to the oil collector.
I just checked a few minutes ago, and the 1/2" copper is a snug
slip fit in both my 190D and my 190e. I assume my 300SD is the
same size.
More flow capacity in the oil tubing will lead to less pressure
differential and quicker evacuation of the crankcase. I'm hoping that
will eliminate any tendency to collapse the collection container.