Royce wrote <<the right for two beings to be "married",
regardless of anything>>

I'm  not familiar with the wording of the recently passed legislation --
does it specify "2 people" ?  or can it be 3,4,5 or more?  What about father
marrying son, daughter or the family dog?

re: << "State sovereignty died at Appomattox>>

In spite of the tremendous effort our forefathers put into the Constitution,
state sovereignty was fought for and lost.  There are so many references to
"...rights are reserved to the states (or the people) unless specifically
given to the federal govt but they seem to be lost when the gov or some loud
yelling group wants it to be different.

This is where things really went wrong - instead of those things not
specifically relegated to the fed going to the state or the people, the fed
is taking control of everything from soup to nuts!  With the collusion of
the supreme court it seems!

Once the Constitutional comment about "promote the general Welfare" was
declared to cover interstate commerce there was no limit to the gov power as
it can be considered to include virtually everything and anything the gov
wants it to mean.

The constitution was wrotten to provide <<
the principle of government power as a grant from the people, rather than
individual rights being a grant from the government.>>

And most directlly <<rights not listed are reserved to the states or to the
people>>

We have lost our way --

Larry T (66 MGB, 74 911, 91 300D)
PORSCHE POSTERS!  youroil.net