Jim wrote <<Isn't the federal government now
the largest single employer in existence?>>

Yep - something like 54% of employees get their pay from some form of govt.

BTW, if someone is disabled and being given back some of the money paid *to*
the govt over a 40+ working lifetime means no vote I'd have a problem with
that.  IMO when the govt takes money from us we are owed something in
return.   If they had not taken the money in the 1st place I could have put
it into savings and not need SS Disability Insurance - which I had no choice
but to fund nor do I have a choice of how it is invested.

The dirty secret about why they did not want to see us get the ability to
manage our own SS savings (a measley 5% IIRC) is because there is no money -
they spend it as fast as it comes in.   And they'd rather not admit it
because it would affect the national debt which affects all kinds of things.
Instead of the US being $5 Trillion in debt it's more like $20
trillion --more than the value of everything in the US.  Sad, very sad.

Larry T (66 MGB, 74 911, 91 300D)
PORSCHE POSTERS!  youroil.net
800-583-8601