On Tue, Sep 12, 2000 4:06 AM, Brian J. Beesley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
>On 12 Sep 00, at 1:25, Robert Deininger wrote:
>
>> 4.  The "duplicates only" tend to be the bigger, more recent exponents.
>
>... in the range (exponents over 6 million) where we don't yet expect to
>have had double-checking assignments?

Yes, the biggest duplicate is around 10.3 million.  They're scattered
around
the map pretty evenly.  But the biggest double-check on the primenet server
is in the 10.4 million range.  (My lucas_v is 4 or 5 days old, so the
correlation is a bit off anyway.)

>> 5.  The duplicates were reported by various programs - mostly the
>>      WT, WU, WV, and WW series of programs.  I guess that means that
>>      manual check-ins are NOT responsible for the duplications.
>
>I wonder whether there was an incident on the PrimeNet server where a
>batch of results collected from the network was accidentally
>processed twice. If so the resulting duplication may be detectable at
>the server log file.

Something like that probably happened in some cases.  The worst exponent
I noticed is duplicated 43 times.