George Woltman wrote:
>Some Athlons are seeing a speed increase others are not.   The
>two that I know are not enjoying a speed increase are running
>under Win2K.  Maybe there is a bug in the way v21.1 determines
>if prefetch is supported.
>
>For those Athlon owners that are not seeing a speed boost, try setting
>         CpuSupportsPrefetch=1
>in local.ini

  This is a possibility.  The other possibility is that there
might be something in Windows that is interfering.

  The reason I say this, is that I have a P3 running at 733Mhz,
and after a reboot, Prime95 was back to running at the same
iteration time before v21 starting running.  After stopping
Prime95 and adding the line to local.ini, it was back to the
increased speed.

  Interesting... to say the least...

Eric

P.S. BTW, this P3 is running Win98SE...