On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, Brian J. Beesley wrote:
[...]
> Unfortunately I can't contribute timings to this argument as none of
> my three Athlon systems can run Prime95 (they're all linux systems).

   Prime95 is available on Linux. It's called mprime and you can
download it from:
   ftp://mersenne.org/gimps/mprime.tar.gz (glibc 2.1.3)
   ftp://mersenne.org/gimps/sprime.tar.gz (static)

   I even maintain a Debian package for it called prime-net. You will
find it in the non-free/misc section.

   Of course, for version V21.1.1, I believe you're right.

> Must dig out wine & see if Prime95 will run over wine/X/linux, though
> that's a mightly roundabout way of running what's essentially a
> console program!!!
[...]

   I tried this but it does not work well. I could start prime95 once
using 'wine --managed ./PRIME95.EXE' but couldn't start it again after
that.

--
Francois Gouget         [EMAIL PROTECTED]        http://fgouget.free.fr/
 The greatest programming project of all took six days; on the seventh day the