Hi Aaron,

At 11:00 AM 11/14/2001 -0800, Aaron Blosser wrote:
>Bummer... it doesn't show that anymore. :(
>
>George/Scott: can one of you verify what the situation is?  Finding a
>new one, even unverified, is big news, but if it's a glitch, we'd want
>to know so we don't get our hopes up. :)

Unfortunately, we don't get to test out the "a prime has been reported"
code very often :)

The primenet server is supposed to email me, Chris Caldwell, Richard
Crandall and discoverers of previous Mersenne primes when a new prime
is reported.  However, Scott reports that something about the SMTP setup
got screwed up in the two years since M#38 was found.

In fact, one of the reasons I was a little suspicious of the report this
morning
was that I had not received the primenet email.  It seems that the eagle-eyed
Henk Stokhorst may have been the first to know that M#39 was uncovered.

Brad at Entropia.com is trying to fix the bug in the primenet reports that
showed both a VERIFIED and UNVERIFIED prime discovered.  It should
read one UNVERIFIED prime has been found.  Give him a little more time
to get it just right.

Having a good day,
George