TorbenS wrote

>         No you wouldn't because they would like yourself go to do only
>factoring work,

Only factoring work? I found over 95% of those on a single P133......

Brian Beesley wrote

>I've triple-checked thousands of small exponents - some of the
>ones where the accepted residual was recorded to only 16 bits or
>less, which makes the chance of an undetected error _much_
>greater (though still quite small) - so far no substantive errors in the
>database have come to light. A very few (think fingers of one hand)
>instances of incorrectly matched residuals have come to light -
>completing the double-check in these cases proved that one of the
>recorded residuals was correct.

Currently my team report cleared list shows 338 double checks and 12 double
checked factored including this monster

6630223 87 DF 195139088771490335223859559 07-Apr-01 07:58 trilog

(In fact when it was checked in PrimeNet initially rejected it because it
was longer than this sort of check was supposed to find! Has anyone found a
factor bigger than 87 bits using Prime95?)

Of course some of these may be because the original check went to a lower
bit depth than the version of Prime95 that I used. I know from doing "deep
factoring" in the 60m range that one more bit of factoring can find a "lot"
of extra factors...So if we say that as a ballpark figure half of these are
due to an increase in factoring depth, then the error rate from this
admittedly small sample is 1.78% or in other words of the current 137,924
exponents less than 20m with only a single LL test we can expect to find
just under 2500 exponents with an incorrect result.

regards

Gordon