At 08:16 PM 8/15/2002 -0400, Steve Elias wrote:
>thanks for the new forums, George. (fora?)

Thank Xyzzy, he did all the work.  All I did was make the first post and
announce it to the mailing list.

>at work lately i've been trying to set up a dual-P4 win2k system with
>prime95.  but when it boots only one of the prime95 starts up when i
>log in.  both are set for "start at bootup" & each with cpu-affinity
>hard-coded.

I'm guessing you've installed prime95 twice in two different directories.
If so, what is happening is both are trying to use the service name
"Prime95 Service" and overwriting each other.

Try turning off "Start at Bootup" on both.  Edit one of the local.ini files and
add "ServiceName=Prime95 Service #2".  Turn on "Start at bootup"
on both.

If you run the second prime95 from the same directory with the -A1
command line argument, then you shouldn't have this trouble.