Dnia niedziela, 7 czerwca 2009 o 09:25:32 Dave Airlie napisał(a):
> > > Does it perform a lot worse (compared to master branch) even without
> > > this round of patches?
> >
> > I'll probably do some more comparisons on some tcl and some non-tcl hw
> > this week, and merge it if nothing major stands out.
> >
> > on my rs690 at least, gears and ipers both get an increase with
> > radeon-rewrite.
>
> With current radeon-rewrite, OA hangs the GPU on DRI1 with the anholt demo
> from the DRI benchmarking page.
>
> not 100% sure whats going on yet, or when it started.

There are two bugs that I know can cause GPU hang:

- changing screen resolution in some games,
- out of memory condition: not sure about the reason but I think that
somewhere in the texture code the bo's isn't unreferenced so the memory isn't
freed (Glisse suggested that maybe the same bo is used few times in the same
cs so the cs_write_reloc refs it every time, but radeon_validate_reset_bos
unrefs it only once).

I think it is probably the second one, because I hit it with many games. It's
easy to check: decrease texture detail or depth and if the game will hang
little bit later that's it.

Maciej Cencora