On Tue, Feb 09, 2010 at 11:34:08AM +0000, Keith Whitwell wrote:
> I'm interested in exploring all of these options.
> My goal at this point is to make a first pass over the problem and fix
> the most significant architectural issues, specifically making
> transfers context-private, unifying the gpu-side aspects of buffers
> and textures, etc.
In EGL, eglCopyBuffers can copy a pbuffer surface to a pixmap.  In
st/egl, it comes down to copy the contents of a pipe_texture to another
one.  Or, in the ximage backend of st/egl, when flush_frontbuffer or
SwapBuffer, the backend uploads the contents of a privately owned
pipe_texture to a window or pixmap using XPutImage.

Either st/egl or its ximage backend has access only to a pipe_screen.
What is the suggested way to read/write a pipe_texture after the change?
Should I change them to create pipe_contexts of their own?

-olv

--
o...@lunarg.com