On 02.03.2010 00:18, Joakim Sindholt wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-03-01 at 19:02 +0100, Roland Scheidegger wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> this branch turns vertex element into a cso, so instead of
>> set_vertex_elements there's now the triad of
>> create/bind/delete_vertex_elements_state. I have converted all the
>> drivers except nouveau (I didn't do it because Christoph Bumiller
>> already did nv50, but I can give the rest of them a shot), though that
>> doesn't necessarily mean they are optimized for it (the idea is of
>> course to precalculate state on create, not just copy the pipe structs
>> and do everything on bind) - only i965g really does something close to
>> it (though still emits the state always). Drivers doing both hw vertex
>> shaders and using draw in some circumstances of course will have to
>> store both representations on create.
>> Also note that util_draw_vertex_buffer semantics have changed a bit
>> (caller needs to set vertex element state, which is a bit odd).
>>
>> Roland
>
> Can I still do things like:
> element 0: -> vbo 5
> element 1: -> vbo 2
> and then set_vertex_buffers() with an array { zeros, zeros, vbo 2, zeros
> zeros, vbo 5 } ?

The branch doesn't change pipe_vertex_element itself (except
nr_components got removed as that's really derived from the associated
pipe_format), only how those vertex elements are set. Hence you can do
exactly the same things you could do before. Though I'm not quite sure
what your zeros mean, if that's just a unused vbo it should be ok, but
it is probably not ok to just pass in a null pointer for a unused
pipe_vertex_buffer.

Roland