Hi,

> On 23 Mar 2022, at 22:17, Bruce Ashfield via lists.yoctoproject.org
> <bruce.ashfield=gmail....@lists.yoctoproject.org> wrote:
>

> On Wed, Mar 23, 2022 at 6:30 AM Richard Purdie
> <richard.pur...@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 2022-03-23 at 08:38 +0000, Bertrand Marquis wrote:
> > Hi Paulo
> >
> > > On 22 Mar 2022, at 16:52, Paulo Sherring via lists.yoctoproject.org
> > > <pauloasherring=gmail....@lists.yoctoproject.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello Diego, Bertrand,
> > > Just confirmed that by bringing these changes into hardknott, the
> > > modules get correctly probed on bootup.
> >
> > Great thanks for the info.
> >
> > @Bruce: Maybe it would make sense to backport this as hardknott is LTS ?
> > If yes, please ping me if you need support to do it.
>
> hardknott is not LTS, it is about to go EOL.
>

> Agreed. I don't like to leave things broken either .. but we really shouldn't
> encourage people to keep using the branches that are going out of support. If
> I fix this one, there will be other issues that aren't fixed/patched in the
> future (and potentially security issues) .. so I'm leaning towards leaving
> this not backported.

The branch is still supported at the moment and is broken.
I do not think it is right to say “we will stop fixing issues a bit before the
branch is out of support” as this is equivalent to reducing the support time.
Out of support is more something which should be works but does not get any
update or security fixes, here we have something broken while under support.

Anyway the fix is simple and the person is unblocked so it will be easy for the
next one to solve it, so my argumentation is more in general around what should
the end of support date mean for users.

Cheers
Bertrand