Hi Paulo,

> On 22 Mar 2022, at 13:38, Paulo Sherring <pauloasherr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Bertrand,
>
> On Tue, Mar 22, 2022 at 12:28 PM Bertrand Marquis
> <bertrand.marq...@arm.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Paulo,
>>
>> Please always keep the mailing list in as me asking the questions does not
>> mean I will necessarily be the one working on this.
>>
> Oops, my mistake, sorry.
>
>> Please see some questions here after.
>>
>>> On 22 Mar 2022, at 12:03, Paulo Sherring <pauloasherr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello Bertrand,

>>> - Baseline is hardknott.
>>
>> Any reason not to use honester ?
>>
> The main reason was that hardknott is tagged as a stable release and
> it already includes xen 4.14 or latest (it is actually pulling 4.16),
> which I wanted/will need for RPi4 support.

Hardknott is long term while honister is not but both are stable releases.

I am not quite sure I get your 4.14 pulling 4.16. The 4.14 recipe is building
the latest 4.14 version of Xen.

>From what I see modules to load are in a xen.conf in modules-load.d generated
>by Xen tools compilation.
Gntdev is properly listed in the current xen source tree as one of the default
modules to actually load on boot.

Can you check the content of modules-load.d/xen.conf (somewhere in /etc in your
dom0 roots) ?

It could be that this was actually missing in the xen release you are building
or that systemd is not actually loading modules listed there.

Cheers
Bertrand