Incredibly naive question since I've been wondering about these things. Is
it not possible to write this as a patch or a .bbappends and put it in my
meta layer (where?). I assume the u-boot config is defined in
meta-xilinx/classes or meta-xilinx/conf as Xilinx maintains their own fork
of u-boot I believe.

Giordon