Richard Gaskin wrote:
J. Landman Gay wrote:
Wilhelm Sanke wrote:
<snip some very interesting stuff>

For my imagedata-handling stacks "Seamless Tiles" and "Imagedata Toolkit" I added an open-stack handler with "set the paintcompression to RLE". The described and discussed speed differences between MC and Rev are no longer there.

Wow, you solved it! That was some interesting results you posted.

At least one question remains, where is the default paintcompression set? I made a script search in the MC home and tools stacks and did not find "paintcompression"?? -

It is the default compression in the engine, and if no other compression is set, you will get RLE by default. I just did a search and found that Rev does set the paintcompression to PNG in the revGeneral library.

How did this affect standalones?

It's the only library that Rev always adds to standalones. As Kevin explained, it contains all the "rev-" language additions, so is required for most Rev users. And to keep standalones in parity with the IDE, it sets the paintcompression as well.

(And I can never remember if it is called "revCommon" or "revGeneral" but its the one that handles all the basic rev language extensions.)

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [EMAIL PROTECTED]