There are so many answers to the question for brevities sake I will add mine

1.  Phosphate determines the pH, not chloride salts added. These monovalent
cation/chloride solutions should have all but no buffering capacity. If the
sodium or potassium chlorides show a significant buffering capacity they may
have been contaminated by other salts, replace. I've seen worse things happen.

2. Dibasic phosphate is basic and if left exposed to air at room temperature
will absorb both moisture and carbon dioxide, this can drop the pH and make the
salt more difficult to handle. It is, as basic salts go, pretty resilient to
acidification, but conditions in the laboratory may vary (e.g. gas space
heaters, storage around areas were flame is used). I seriously doubt this is
the issue. The way to know "what's up with this" is keep a record of your
buffer salts, for example a 0.01 M solution of dibasic should always be the
same pH. So you can record this on the bottle. If the pH of the diluted salt
changes over time and it may be time to discard and replace _or_ your pH meter
may have a problem. This is a significant problem in the laboratory, DNA
hydration buffers at pH8.3 tend to loose about 0.1 pH units per 6 mos, faster
if they are frequently opened. Hydroxides are the worst, absorbing both water
and carbon dioxide quickly. If the dibasic absorbs enough water it can!
  alter the pH because its molar contribution per weight will be less. This is
unlikely to be the cause. For both of these, if you make the solution repeated
and repeatedly you get the same deviant pH, then replace.

4. Two salts were confused at weighing, whoops. Seen this one a lot, I've done
it and a number of my trainees have done it. The solution remade comes out
perfect pH. As my TA used to say 'you make a cook-book buffer, if the pH is
wrong, that's a good thing, don't adjust the pH, remake the buffer'.

Here's the recipe for 10X PBS pH 7.2

NaCl            87.7
NaH2PO4 3.05
Na2HPO4 11.1
Initial ddH20 0.9 L (e.g twice distilled water is all that we use, house DI
systems cannot be relied upon)
ddH20 Water to 1L

Dibasic will not dissolve quickly, requires about 2-4 hours to dissolve, so
keep the vessel covered with parafilm or flat piece of glass. This is not
something that you leave overnight on the bench stirring in open air.

Make 100 ml of 1X and test the pH. pH should be 7.2 +/- 0.05 you can lower the
monobasic and increase the dibasic to achieve pH 7.4 (See other post). NaOH can
be added in small amounts to correct the pH, in most case pH adjustment is not
needed.

5. Divalent and trivalent cations are easily trapped by higher ionization
states of phosphate, thus heating phosphate can trap calcium and potentially
drop the pH. Divalent cation solutions should be added at STP and in diluted
form. In addition, one expects as the pH to go up, the stability of calcium
phosphate in solution to go down. Sometimes we heat buffers to get them in
solutions, but this may not work well with some buffers, or may cause problem
with sterilizing solutions. In this case calcium chloride and phosphate buffers
need to be sterilized separately, and then combined after they cool down to
room temperature.

Unless your water is made from Antarctic ice, it probably has a significant
amount of contaminants in it, in our area water needs to be twice distilled
(deionized and then steam distilled). Deionization removes hardening solutes,
whereas distillation removes volatiles such as gases in the water (such as
ammonia, which occurs in areas where chloramines is added to the water supply).
All chemistry requires near 18 mega-ohm water, whereas glassware washing, soap
solutions, etc, should be done in deionized water. Residue on bottles are
frequently carbonates (calcium), at high temperatures (such as in a drying
oven) the carbonate can be converted to oxides and hydroxides, which will trap
phosphate. A common reason for scale is that someone made a reagent, left it to
soak in tap water but forgot about it. The water evaporated leaving a thin
coating of calcium. Soaps will not remove this. Bottles that have hard water
scale, rust deposits, on them can be cleaned by soaking with 0.01!
 M hydrochloric acid or dilute phosphoric acid. I can go into almost any lab,
and if I look at the glassware shelf long enough I will find bottles with scale
on the inside of the bottle.

6. Another tip, something people overlook, don't assume that glassware on the
shelf is rinsed properly. Frequently, soap residue is found in the glassware.
Add some deI and shake, if you see lots of bubbles, it was not clean. This
happens much and in almost every lab I have been in. In managing an animal
facility for the last 15 years, I found that soaps are not at neutral pH, some
soaps are acidic or alkaline enough to damage plastics in the autoclave
(yellowing, fissuring and opaqueness), this can lead to trapping of soap and
debris. The solution to the problem is that we made our own soap from technical
grade SDS (near saturation) that was pHed to neutral with Tris-HCL. In addition
use only enough soap to get the job done, and be wary of soap precipitates
(premaking soap solution virtually eliminates precipitation of soap). In many
cases, you are using an inert aqueous buffer, simply deI rinse the container
when done, put upside down on the bench and let set, reuse. How m!
 any folks get tenacious tiny bubbles in the melted agarose the first time they
microwave in a fresh glass? That's due to glass-ware washing residue on the
glass that cannot be rinsed away. For many buffers, simply deI rinse the
vessel, invert glass on bench to dry, reuse.

7. Check your pH calibration solutions occasionally. The pH 10 buffer is
extremely susceptible to carbonate neutralization. For this reason I calibrate
the meter for all pHs below pH 8.5 with the pH 7.0 and pH 4.0 buffers. Before I
use pH 10 calibration I first calibrate at pH 4 and 7 and the pH 10 reading
should be 'ballpark-ish', if not open an new bottle and compare pHs. To get the
best calibrations I rinse the electrode once in each buffer (usually the buffer
from the last calibration, sealed in a 20 ml scintillation vial) and replace it
with fresh buffer, then set the calibration point. Occasionally one has to deal
with an old electrode, the surfaces are coated and equilibration is quite slow,
particularly at pH7.0, that's not good at pH 10 if the electrode takes 15
minutes to equilibrate since pH of the buffer has already dropped. In this case
you might purge cover electrode in the scint. vial  with paraffin. This is not
the most common cause of pH difficulties that I !
 see with trainees, but is a reasonably common problem.

8. There are other issues, with specific buffers like Tris/EDTA in that pH can
change markedly with dilution and temperature, thus one has to do some buffer
tinkering to get the desired pH. Again, one way to know if you have a bad
buffer (either because of age or mismaking) is to make a buffer from newly
purchased material and determine the pH both concentrated and diluted so that
one knows exactly what to expect. It goes without saying that the buffer needs
to be pHed at the standard temperature.

I hope this resolves your recurring problem.

Philip