Porkchop wrote:
I was there for a few hours on Friday. I came by the booth a few times to see if there was anyone around from MHVLUG...there never was.I certainly agree with the worse and worse, but I did actually find one useful feature of the show. I talked with all of the terminal server vendors as well as the IBM CSM people, I've been using MRV's InReach terminal servers which CSM is now using. The dot.org section has been shrinking year by year which is a disappointment and a lot of the small companies have disappeared. I felt that after 4 hours I was wasting my time. I've always felt that Linux World was more of a 'trade show' and I rather go to a decent conference.
The expo has been getting worse and worse as time has gone on. Acutally I'd venture to say it was better this year than last...and for the first time ever, I met a piece of hardware I might actually buy. An openbrick (www.openbrick.org).
Here, paycheck, paycheck, paycheck...
-porkchop
Jim Doherty
Linux World Expo is now upon us. I'll be heading down Wednesday morning,
and will drop off the flyers as soon as I get there at the UNILUG booth (and
maybe a few with NYLUG). I should be bouncing arround the show floor on
Wednesday, and maybe Friday.
For those who are interested in representing MHVLUG at the UNILUG booth
(which will be in the heart of the Dot Org Pavilion), the best thing to do
is sign up for a block of time at the UNILUG booth
(http://booth.unilug.org). The UNILUG folks suggest wearing some sort of
name tag with your LUG on it. Unfortunately I don't have time to put
anything together, so if you can come up with something impromptu, that
would be great.
If you are sure you are heading down, and sign up at the UNILUG booth, send
an email to the list. It will make it a lot easier for me to figure out
who to look for when I'm down there. :)
See you at LWE!
-Sean
_______________________________________________ mhvlug mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://lists.dague.net/mailman/listinfo/mhvlug
