Sean Dague said:
> On Thu, Mar 06, 2003 at 09:12:54AM -0500, Gary Pagliaro wrote:
>> Hello, My name is Gary, I am a fairly newbie/wannabe  Linux geek. I
>> attended last nights meeting and was very impressed by your lecture.
>> I am a computer novice, and I understood the concepts of your talk
>> very well, although some of the finer details were over my head. It
>> was well thought out, clear and concise. I think it was just at the
>> right "geek" level for the crowd.  I also liked the fact that there
>> was very little "M$" bashing. I think your next talk should be "How
>> to help a newbie recompile his kernel with the  NVidia driver for his
>> brand spanking new GeForce 4 card" :-).
>
> Walking through the kernel config would actually be a really good idea
> for a talk.  Anyone interested in giving that one?
>
>       -Sean

I wouldn't mind doing a presentation on how to do a config and
recompile. As far as recompile with NVidia drivers... What distro is
being used for this?  I know RedHat has a few packages that are
supposed to make it relatively painless.  After a little googlin' I
found this page:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2563

A quick walkthrough on installing the packages and recompiling.

Chris


_______________________________________________
mhvlug mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://lists.dague.net/mailman/listinfo/mhvlug

Reply via email to