I agree, the meeting went well beyond what I was expecting.  I think an
Install Fest would be
a great idea.  I have a bit of experience with partitioning and
installation and would be glad
to help out there.  I have a few questions of my own as well for the more
experienced members.

I am going to attempt building a home network soon so I'm sure I will be
firing off many questions
in the near future.  Anyone with advise or some good links to get me
started would be much appreciated.
john



John R Puhalski
[EMAIL PROTECTED]


Sean Dague <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>@lists.dague.net on 03/07/2003 06:02:46 PM

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Sent by:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]


To:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
cc:
Subject:    [mhvlug] First Meeting a Great Success!



Hey all,

I want to thank everyone that came out to the first meeting, it was a
rousing success.  I'm really looking forward to future meetings for the
group.

For those that weren't there, we had nearly 50 people attend the meeting.
After Porkchop's excellent introduction to configuring iptables, we had a
bit of directed discussion on the floor, and finally lots of milling about
and socializing.  We had a good mix of people with lots of expertise, to
people that are just starting off with Linux.

One of the things that was suggested was that we do an Install Fest (where
people can bring their computer in, and some of our more experienced
members
will help them install Linux on it.)  Anyone who is interested on either
helping out or attending such an event should respond to this email thread.
Hopefully we can start coordinating such an event.

 -Sean

--
_______________________________________________________________________

Sean Dague                [EMAIL PROTECTED]               http://dague.net

There is no silver bullet.  Plus, werewolves make better neighbors than
zombies, and they tend to keep the vampire population down.
 _______________________________________________________________________



_______________________________________________
mhvlug mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://lists.dague.net/mailman/listinfo/mhvlug

Reply via email to