On Saturday 08 March 2003 09:51, John Puhalski wrote:
> I agree, the meeting went well beyond what I was expecting.  
> .........

> I am going to attempt building a home network soon so I'm sure I will be
> firing off many questions
> in the near future.  Anyone with advise or some good links to get me
> started would be much appreciated.
> john

For information on setting up a home network you can start by looking at the 
information at: www.tldp.org. 

Some HOWTO's to look at:
    Linux Networking-HOWTO by Jowhua Drake
    The Linux Networking Overview HOWTO by Daniel Lopez Ridruejo
    Red Hat Linux 6.X as an Internet Gateway for a Home Network by Paul Ramsey
    Setting Up Your New Domain Mini-HOWTO by Christopher Newfeld

Some guides:
    The Linux Network Administrator's Guide
    The Linux Cookbook (Part Seven)

Hard copy sources:
    Running Linux by Matt Welsh, O'Reilly ISBN 1-56592-469-X
    Linux Network Administrator's Guide by Olaf Kirch, O'Reilly 
      ISBN 1-56592-087-2
    TCP/IP Network Administration by Craig Hunt, O'Reilly ISBN 1-56592-322-7
    Linux Network Toolkit by Paul G. Sery, IDG Books ISBN 0-7645-3146-8
    Professional Linux Deployment by Prasad, Sherlock, Boerner, Wilcox, 
      Kelly, Pinnock, Dickson, Ollerenshaw, Banahan, Rowbottom, Mandalay,
      Wrox ISBN 1-861002-87-4

For just doing anything with Linux you would by wise to get 'Running Linux' 
for it's of coverage of all aspects of Linux. 

Tim
-- 
Timothy R. Fesig ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
_______________________________________________
mhvlug mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://lists.dague.net/mailman/listinfo/mhvlug

Reply via email to