--tjCHc7DPkfUGtrlw
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Disposition: inline
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 05:38:53PM -0500, Porkchop wrote:
> Abacadabra.
> We have "LT125" for the whole day. I'd recommend doing the event from=20
> noonish until 5ish.

Excellent!
=20
<snip>
> MCCS can provide blank CDs I'm sure...I'll have my laptop to burn=20
> images (as will a few others I'm sure)...unfortunately, your MAC=20
> address needs to be explicitly authenticated to be on the network so=20
> noone not from marist will be able to download anything.

Any chance we can set up a NAT to let people get out, or is that a violation
of local security policy?  (Don't want to get anyone in trouble)
=20
> We also have tables, chairs, power cables...MIGHT be able to get a=20
> lil food... any opinions on that?

I think if everyone coming to the event to help out brings either a 2=20
Liter drink, or a bag of snacks, we could have enough for everyone.

> It would be helpful to have a cart, however I'm afraid we cannot=20
> supply that. Anyone got something?
>=20
> Attendes should bring:
>  Their computer

Definitely.

>  Their monitor (with tech specs if possible -- synch rates, etc...)
>  Keyboard, mouse, power cords, etc.

Can we get some of these in common to share for the event?  It would be nice
if people could just bring in their tower.  I think I can scrounge up a
couple of 15" monitors to bring to the event, plus some PS2 keyboard/mice,
though if there were some we could get access to on campus, that would be
even nicer.

>  Other things they would like to get working.
>  Linux install discs if they have them (or we'll sell burns for $1 per?)

Sounds reasonable.  We should probably have the latest Red Hat & Mandrake=
=20
ISOs ready for people (plus whatever else folks want to make available).  My
tendancy is to recomend Mandrake to folks that are really new at this, and
don't have a preference for anything else, as it tends to be the best
initial user experience.

        -Sean

--=20
_______________________________________________________________________
                        =09
Sean Dague                [EMAIL PROTECTED]               http://dague.net

There is no silver bullet.  Plus, werewolves make better neighbors than
zombies, and they tend to keep the vampire population down.
_______________________________________________________________________

--tjCHc7DPkfUGtrlw
Content-Type: application/pgp-signature
Content-Disposition: inline

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: For info see http://www.gnupg.org

iD8DBQE+iM+fSamXem9TdyYRAv+bAKCLiqEglob9HhvUCIbnuUop+jmmMwCfSS95
SyRekA3Eouf7TamFIbVoGI4=
=GW9p
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

--tjCHc7DPkfUGtrlw--
_______________________________________________
mhvlug mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://lists.dague.net/mailman/listinfo/mhvlug

Reply via email to