I think it is a good idea to have the slate of officer you suggest as our group has been growing rapidly ( a good thing)
I also agree wiht the rest of your proposal


Herman

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 18:47:42 -0400, Sean Dague <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hey all,

Our group has started to grow to the point where I think it would be a *good
thing* to make it a little more formal. I've been really excited by how
active many of the members have been so far, and I want to encourage that as
much as possible. At the same time, I think its good to have a set of core
people where the *buck stops* so that nothing slips through the cracks.


My thoughts are as follows:

There would be a number of elected positions:

* President
* Vice President
* Treasurer
* Webmaster
* Publicist

These would be elected every year, serving a July -> June term. (In the
event that someone needs to resign their position mid-term, an emergency
election would be held at the earliest meeting). The traditional office of Secretary doesn't seem to make much sense in our context I don't believe.


The nomination process would take place on email the weeks before the July
meeting. Voting will take place *at the July meeting* by paper ballot (we
might be able to make this virtual at some point).


The 5 officers would be the "benevolent dictators" of the organization, but it is full well expected that other members would "step up to the
plate" and take on other responsibilities as well. Like the Open Source
Community, influence and decision making authority is directly responsible
to the amount of time and energy given to the organization. :)


I'd like to hear what other people think of this idea. If we have general
consensus that it is a good one, I've got a list of people I think would
make a good first set of officers that I'll send out to the list later this
week.


Please send your comments on list about this.  All thoughts and idea are
welcome.

-Sean




-- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/ _______________________________________________ mhvlug mailing list - http://mhvlug.org [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://lists.dague.net/mailman/listinfo/mhvlug

Reply via email to