--9jxsPFA5p3P2qPhR
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Disposition: inline
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 10:14:48PM -0700, Kevin Calman wrote:
> --- Sean Dague <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 04:32:16PM +0000, William B.
> > Keane wrote:
> > > Sean,
> > >=20
> > > Don't we need by-laws first.
> > > How about calling for an organizing committee?
> >=20
> > Do you have pointers to by-laws of other LUGs?  If
> > so, can you send them to
> > the list? =20
>=20
> Here's Austin's:
> http://austinlug.org/staticpages/index.php?page=3D20020517100547302

Article I - NAME

This organization shall be known as Austin Linux Group, Inc., a nonprofit
educational corporation.=20

=2E..

MHVLUG isn't a legal entity yet.  So I would propose that we elect officers
first, and that one of their main jobs from now till the end of the year is
the process of actually incorporating.  This process requires bylaws for the
corporation.

It seems like we have a chicken and an egg problem here.  I think officers
first, and incorportation (and hence formal bylaws) second, makes more sense
to me, as articles of incorporation need to include "board members".  Mike,
correct me if I'm wrong.

I've also tended to model MHVLUG after NYLUG, which is a very successful LUG
in NYC.  All they have is the following:
http://www.nylug.org/aboutus/index.shtml, so I'm not sure that we need
anything more than that until/unless we incorporate.

Thoughts?

        -Sean
=20
--=20
__________________________________________________________________

Sean Dague                                       Mid-Hudson Valley
sean at dague dot net                            Linux Users Group
http://dague.net                                 http://mhvlug.org

There is no silver bullet.  Plus, werewolves make better neighbors
than zombies, and they tend to keep the vampire population down.
__________________________________________________________________

--9jxsPFA5p3P2qPhR
Content-Type: application/pgp-signature
Content-Disposition: inline

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.2 (GNU/Linux)

iD8DBQE++uPJSamXem9TdyYRAl6WAKCnnKnxN0SIp9DVLjO5IdEwfdKPxQCgqdVw
pkmCqQAqHQOnWzgP6lKZL0w=
=70YX
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

--9jxsPFA5p3P2qPhR--
_______________________________________________
mhvlug mailing list - http://mhvlug.org
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://lists.dague.net/mailman/listinfo/mhvlug

Reply via email to