Hi,

> > I invite all Midgard's developpers to come and see the demo site I've
set up
> > this week-end with a Calendar API (in fact it is just a Meeting API for
the
> > moment, but the Reminder API is almost written).
>
> This certainly looks good!

Thank you !

> We've been thinking
> about adding some PIM features to Midgard with
> Jukka for a long time now, but haven't had a chance
> to actually implement those.
>
> With your Calendar system and the group system
> in Midgard, there are quite nice foundations for
> developing a real Web-based PIM system.
>
> BTW. Have you looked at the vCalendar spec? It
> might provide some interesting details about how
> to make the Midgard-based calendaring system
> compatible with others...
> http://www.imc.org/pdi/

I had a look at these specs, and it looks like it is pretty easy to
implement, but I don't know at what level should I implement it.
At the API level, with a special set of mgd_xxxx_meeting_vcalendar()
function, or would it be better to make a new API for vCalendars and vCards
that could be on top of the Midgard Calendar API ?

> Once the Calendar API is ready, we could start
> looking at moving it into the Midgard core.

Well, I'm looking forward for some feedback from the midgard users who had a
look on the documentation and source...
I'm sure we could optimize a lot of functions, and had a lot of
functionnalities too, so any suggestions are very welcome.
I updated the documentation to include the descriptions of MySQL tables, so
anybody could try it, and if someone knows SQL much better than I do (and
that should be easy ;-), please feel free to optimize the tables and send me
feedback.

> /Bergie

Best regards,

http://webmaster.brainshaver.net/