If GK have migrated the data then they don't need to activate the PPI XML.

They should be using the migrated PPI QG instead of activating a new one.

There is no old and new PPI, the Migrated PPI is 2008 version which is
same as the new PPI XML.

The objective of the PPI XML is to activate PPI for new Mifos
installation (not to upgrades which already have PPI 2008).

If you activate new then there will the 2 PPI QG which will become a
problem for reporting.

Udai